Location: Dublin, Ireland or Leeds, UK, with agreed flexible/hybrid working arrangements
About the role
As a key member of our multidisciplinary ITS team, you will:
- possess the necessary experience and skills to support the staged delivery of innovative, large-scale transport technology projects and their ongoing support and maintenance
- support our client in the deployment of a new Advanced Traffic Management System (ATMS) with high levels of availability, performance and security
- support the project lead and senior systems engineer in the day-to-day management and coordination of the project
Your duties will include:
- Undertaking a client-side systems manager role for systems development and systems support and maintenance
- Developing and maintaining a detailed knowledge of all systems used in the delivery of traffic control and information management services
- Working in partnership with all providers responsible for developing and maintaining the systems
- Developing and maintaining an understanding of operational third parties and ensuring user needs and usability remain a focus during system delivery
- Reviewing system provider design, implementation and operational documentation
- Reviewing functional and non-functional software and hardware specifications and architectures
- Reviewing test documentation to ensure test scripts robustly test systems and system developments
- Witnessing system testing
- Supporting the integration of roadside equipment
- Working with the client and system users to determine both user requirements
- Working with the client and system users to determine the technical requirements for changes to the systems and managing the change process through to operational implementation
- Supporting the client in the delivery of system enhancements designed to ensure it remains state-of-the-art and future-proofed
Current and past projects include:
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- Degree in computer science, engineering or a related subject (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Minimum of seven years’ relevant experience
- Strong drive to ensure the delivery of high-quality systems and a high standard of system support and maintenance
- A keen interest in supporting the delivery of innovative system developments
- The ability to work independently and/or as part of a team
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good organisational skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Flexible, motivated and innovative
- A strong work ethic and desire to learn and develop
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- SFIA training records within the range of Level 3 to Level 4
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle and the ITIL life cycle and associated standards
- Knowledge of security management and the application of BS ISO/IEC 27001 and 27002
- Previous experience of working within an ITS environment
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/97904/senior-its-systems-specialist
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.