Contract duration: 2 – 2.5 years
About the role
You will play a key role in a multidisciplinary team responsible for delivering the first ever deployment of variable speed limits (VSL) on the Irish motorway network.
The project is being delivered in multiple phases, with civil infrastructure and gantry erection works to be completed in advance of the Intelligent Transport Systems (ITS) deployment contract.
About the project
The M50 Traffic Flow Optimisation project (MTFO) is a core project within Transport Infrastructure Ireland’s (TII) enhancing Motorway Operation Services (eMOS) programme.
The project will support TII in:
- managing the flow of traffic on the M50, particularly during peak times
- enhancing road safety for all users
- reducing disruption to road users when incidents occur
The MTFO ITS Deployment Contract covers the full length of the M50 making it significantly larger than typical deployments (~10km) of a similar nature. It comprises the erection of multiple new gantries, modifications to existing gantries and the provision of ducting works.
These works will precede the deployment of over 387 nr. advanced motorway indicators (AMIs), 64 nr. variable message signs (VMSs) and 47 nr. CCTV cameras and other auxiliary ITS equipment.
When complete, the project will improve safety, efficiency, performance and the journey experience for M50 users.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least 10 years’ postgraduate experience in the design and construction of civil engineering works
- A minimum of seven years’ combined experience in the role of senior resident engineer (or equivalent) on roads projects, including at least one with a construction value in excess of €15 million (exclusive of VAT)
- Experience of working in the vicinity of a dual carriageway or motorway
- Experience in administering the public works forms of contract
- Knowledge of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Knowledge of intelligent transport systems (ITS)
- Knowledge of dispute management procedures under civil engineering construction contracts
- Experience in the assessment and approval or otherwise of value engineering proposals
- Experience in supervising engineering teams involved in the construction stage of civil engineering projects
- Experience in managing the procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping and claim management
- MS Project experience
- Chartered engineer status (CEng, MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our Engineers Ireland accredited CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include :
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme in Northern Ireland
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.