Location: New Ross, Co Wexford
Contract duration: 30 Weeks
Salary: Negotiated based on experience
About the role
Supervision of remedial works to a number of structures within County Wexford which are located on National routes. The Senior Resident Engineer shall supervise the works ensuring that the contractor complies will all aspects of the Works Requirements and duties under Safety and Health legislation. The structures are as follows:
WX-N11-008.00 Scarawalsh Bridge
- Waterproofing and re-surfacing of the bridge deck;
- Remediation works to expansion joint support detail and the subsequent installation of expansion joints.
WX-N30-010.00 Island Bridge
- Replacement of bridge parapets with a compliant vehicle containment system;
- Construction of new parapet restraining slabs;
- New waterproofing, surfacing and verge construction;
- Safety Barrier installation.
WX-N30-011.00 Mount Elliot Bridge
- Replacement of bridge parapets with a compliant vehicle containment system,
- Construction of new overslab on top of existing deck;
- New waterproofing, surfacing and footpath construction;
- Painting of cast iron beams;
- Masonry repairs and repointing.
- Possess a Civil/Structural Engineering Degree
- Have a minimum of 10 years’ experience as Resident Engineer on schemes similar in nature to this Works Contract.
- Drivers Licence
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural, and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design, and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
Our current projects include the A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme in Northern Ireland, the Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone (SDZ) scheme, the N4 Mullingar to Longford (Roosky) Road project and the N5 Westport to Turlough Road project.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility, and creativity.
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.