Location: Athlone town
Duration: Up to 18 months
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will manage the construction of a pedestrian and cycle bridge across the River Shannon in the heart of Athlone town.
The scheme comprises:
- construction of a two-span, steel composite bridge, with a central pier in the middle of the river and end supports on the river banks
- construction of the east and west approach ramps structures, landings, staircases, and cantilevered walkways along the river
The bridge will be located 75-metres north of the existing Custume Bridge, adjacent to the Radisson Hotel to the east and the Luan Gallery to the west. The overall length of the bridge is approximately 104-metres.
- Degree in engineering or construction management (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least seven years’ postgraduate experience in civil engineering works
- A minimum of five years’ combined experience in the role of senior resident engineer (or equivalent) on civil engineering works, including at least one steel bridge over a river with a construction value in excess of €2 million (exclusive of VAT)
- Experience in administering the public works forms of contract
- Experience of civil engineering projects involving construction works over environmentally sensitive watercourses
- Experience in the review and monitoring of Environmental Operating Plan(s) for civil engineering projects, including at least one road project involving works crossing or directly adjacent to environmentally / ecologically designated sites and sensitive watercourses
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety legislation
- MS Project experience
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people of 20 nationalities in our Dublin and UK offices.
Current projects include:
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Copy and paste your cover letter and CV into the body of an email (rather than sending them as separate attachments)
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.