Job type: Permanent
Location: Northwood, D.9 and Sandyford, D.18
To apply: Email email@example.com
About the role
You will join a highly-skilled, multidisciplinary team who have successfully delivered a wide range of building projects for both public and private sector clients across Ireland. Our buildings achieve the top certifications within sustainable design, including LEED and BREEAM.
Our portfolio features:
- Private housing developments
- Social housing developments
- Hospital facilities
- Retail developments
- Office buildings
- Primary, secondary and third-level school buildings
Current and recent projects include:
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland's leading civil, environmental, and structural engineering consultancies. With a team of more than 200 in our Dublin and UK offices, we plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- 10-15 years’ relevant experience
- Honours degree in structural/civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Ability to work in a team and/or independently
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Good organisational skills
- Experience of mentoring junior engineering staff in all aspects of design
- Good understanding of ethical issues in engineering design, including safety
- Full driving licence
- Chartered or approaching chartership
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Structural design experience in accordance with Eurocodes for concrete, steel, masonry, timber and foundations
- Knowledge or experience of BIM, Revit or Robot
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of building regulations and technical guidance documents
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to firstname.lastname@example.org
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.