Location: Office based, Sandyford
Contract duration: Permanent
Reporting to our ICT Director, you will be responsible for leading a small team of helpdesk staff and ensuring our software, hardware, servers and networks run smoothly.
The role will suit an experienced systems administrator with excellent troubleshooting skills and hands-on experience with various operating systems.
- Configuring internal systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting technical issues
- Supervising the operations team
- Upgrading the network infrastructure
- Installing servers, devices and firewalls
- Training new system users and setting up their accounts
- Monitoring the performance of servers, software and hardware
- Ensuring the smooth deployment of new applications
- Updating technical documentation
- Advising senior management of potential improvements and risks
- Maintaining our ICT systems and infrastructure
- Installing new and existing hardware and software across the network
- Degree in IT/associated related discipline or equivalent experience
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment, including providing on-site, face-to-face, and deskside IT support
- 5 years’ experience working at a senior level in a similar role
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Solid understanding of LAN/WAN networks
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including good spoken and written English
- Knowledge of system security techniques
- Good problem-solving and communication skills
- Team management skills
- Exposure to server environments
- Ability to prioritise work and assign duties
Experience of the following technologies would be advantageous:
- Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft O365 management
- Automation, Powershell and scripting
- Helpdesk admin and management
- Report writing for non-technical colleagues
- System monitoring and management
- SharePoint \ Extranet environment management
How to Apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Note: We currently have an open IT Manager role advertised and will be reviewing applications for both the senior systems administrator and IT manager roles to find the best match for the business. Only one candidate will be sourced from the two adverts.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.