Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D.18
About the role
This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to work, as part of a multidisciplinary team, on a variety of public and private building projects in the residential, health, education, community and commercial sectors.
Your duties will include:
- Structural design
- Liaison with clients, design teams and contractors
- Site monitoring
- Project management
- Structural surveys and reports
Current and recent projects include:
- Trinity College Dublin Visitor Experience
- Social Housing at Cornamona Court
- National Children’s Hospital Satellite Centres
- Motorway Operations Control Centre
- Women’s Refuge Centre, Co. Wexford
- St. Kevin's National School
- Meakstown Community Centre, Co. Dublin
- Heather House CNU, Cork City
- St. Fintan’s Hospital, Co. Laois
- Newtowncunningham primary care centre, Co. Donegal
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan and O’Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently-owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme. We have well-established graduate and chartership support programmes.
We offer wellness packages, flexible working, mental health and life event supports, so whatever challenges life may bring, you can feel secure in the knowledge that you will be taken care of.
- Honours degree in structural/civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- Two to five years’ experience working on building-related projects with a structural design consultancy
- Full, clean driving licence
- Strong safety ethic
- Good organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent attention to detail
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Eagerness to learn and develop skills
- Ability to work within a team or on your own under guidance
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of AutoCAD
- Knowledge/experience of BIM/REVIT
- Experience of Masterseries or similar structural design and analysis software
- Knowledge and experience of building regulations and technical guidance documents
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations (Construction)
- Knowledge and experience of design in accordance with Eurocodes for concrete, steel, masonry, timber and foundations
- Site development design experience for buildings projects (drainage, water, SuDS)
- Knowledge and experience of RIAI forms of contract and IEI Conditions of Engagement for Engineering Consultants
- Knowledge and experience of Public Works Contracts and Conditions of Engagement for Consultants
- Knowledge and experience of NBS or similar specification tool
- Experience in procurement of topographical, utilities and ground investigation surveys
How to apply
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Apply by clicking the link: https://roughan-and-odonovan.hirehive.com/job/100377/structural-design-engineer-buildings
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.