Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 and Northwood, Dublin 9
Job type: Permanent
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 29 August 2019
- Qualified engineer with a minimum of an honours degree in civil engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- Three to seven years’ postgraduate experience in the civil engineering sector
- A minimum of two years’ direct experience in design for transportation projects
- Knowledge of Irish design standards e.g. TII Publications, DMURS and the National Cycle Manual
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail and capacity to produce quality design outputs
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- Aptitude for problem-solving
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- A desire to learn and develop
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Membership of a recognised professional body in the engineering sector
- Knowledge of 3D roads design software e.g. Openroads, MX and Civil 3D
- Experience of preparing detailed works contract specifications
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 9 August 2019
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.