Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
Salary: Commensurate with experience
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
Working in an integrated team of ecologists, environmental scientists, planners and engineers, you will get involved in the ecological and biodiversity aspects of plans and projects, with a particular focus on undertaking field surveys and technical reporting.
Our 15-strong environmental team provides ecological, environmental and planning services to our infrastructure projects, which currently include:
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
- Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Degree in ecology or a related biological/environmental science subject with an ecological component
- Good field skills and a keen interest and understanding of Irish wildlife
- Demonstrated field survey experience in ecology e.g. habitat classification (Fossitt), badger, otter, bat, bird and invasive species surveys
- Excellent report writing skills
- Hard-working and highly motivated
- Client-focused with good interpersonal skills and a team approach
- Physically fit and willing to undertake fieldwork in remote areas and in all weather conditions
- Excellent communication and IT skills, with the ability to record data efficiently and methodically
- Full clean driving licence
- Membership of CIEEM or working towards membership
- Up to two years’ experience
- A postgraduate qualification in a relevant ecological discipline that includes practical experience
- Previous work experience within a professional ecological consultancy (or volunteering with a relevant NGO or academic experience)
- Familiarity with relevant Irish and European legislation e.g. Habitats Directive, Birds Directive, EIA Directive, Birds and Natural Habitats Regulations
- Experience using GIS systems e.g. ArcGIS, QGIS and or others
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
We provide a fully integrated engineering design service and employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 170 people. Our key markets are buildings, bridges, environmental, research, transportation and water.
How to Apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.