Contract type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30 August 2019
You will work with engineers, environmental scientists, ecologists, hydrologists, hydrogeologists and planners on some of the most exciting infrastructure projects currently being undertaken in Ireland and the UK, including:
- Waterford North Quays Strategic Development Zone and associated public infrastructure projects
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
- Prepare inputs for, and coordinate, all aspects of the Environmental Impact Assessments (EIAs) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEAs) processes
- Prepare all relevant planning application documentation, including Part 8 planning applications; foreshore applications; SID applications; licences/permit applications; etc.
- Organise and manage public consultation events, oral hearings, stakeholder engagement events, etc.
- Advise clients on environmental and planning requirements prior to planning
- Undertake environmental and planning appraisal of sites
- Relevant environmental science/planning qualification, such as BSc, BA, MSc.
- Three to five years’ experience in the planning/environmental assessment sector
- Good knowledge of planning and environmental legislation and the Irish planning system
- Excellent working knowledge of EIA and SEA processes
- Knowledge of Appropriate Assessment (AA) and Strategic Flood Risk Assessment (SFRA) processes
- An ability to work both independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Experience using GIS and other planning tools including census statistics to provide evidenced-based planning and research
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of producing quality outputs
- Excellent Microsoft Office suite skills, including MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Fluent/highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Self-motivated, highly organised, ambitious, positive and focused
- Member of a recognised professional body in the field, such as IEMA, CIEEM, IPI, RTPI
- MSc qualification
- Full driving licence
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides an enjoyable workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Specify your preference for working in either Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9 or no preference.
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 30 August 2019.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.