Location: N5 Westport to Turlough Road scheme
Duration: Up to two and a half years
To apply: Email email@example.com
Application deadline: 31 July 2019
About the role
You will manage and supervise the works monitoring team for the construction of:
- a new national primary road approximately 23km long
- a new national secondary road approximately 2.5km long
- all ancillary works
The route comprises approximately 20.3km of Type 2 dual carriageway and approximately 5.2km of single carriageway, including a section of online improvement.
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 in the National Framework of Qualifications) or equivalent
- At least 15 years’ postgraduate experience, including a minimum of ten years’ experience in civil engineering works and a minimum of seven years’ combined experience in the role of project/senior resident engineer or equivalent on civil engineering projects, including:
- Road projects, including at least one with a construction value in excess of €25.0 million (exclusive of VAT)
- Bridge projects, including at least one individual bridge structure with a construction value in excess of €0.75 million (exclusive of VAT)
- Experience in the role of contractor's designer or project/senior resident engineer or equivalent on road projects constructed under a design and build or PPP form of contract
- Experience in administering the public works forms of contract
- Knowledge and awareness of health and safety legislation and regulations
- Experience in dispute management procedures under civil engineering construction contracts
- Experience in the assessment and approval or otherwise of value engineering proposals
- Experience in the supervision of engineering teams involved in the construction stage of civil engineering projects
- Experience in managing the procedures and systems for accurate record-keeping and claims management
- Chartered engineer status (CEng MIEI or equivalent)
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include the Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK, the Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre, the Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme and the Rosslare to Waterford Greenway.
How to Apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 31 July 2019
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.