Location: Based in Sandyford, Dublin 18 or Northwood, Dublin 9
Job type: Permanent
Apply to: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancies.
We are currently working on several high profile transportation projects, including the A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe dualling scheme and the Enhancing Motorway Operation Services scheme.
- Qualified Engineer with minimum of an Honours degree in Civil Engineering
- 7 - 10 years post graduate experience in civil engineering sector
- Minimum of 5 years direct experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D design for urban transportation projects
- Knowledge of relevant design standards
- Proficient in roads/transportation design software/technologies
- Excellent report writing and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and quality design outputs
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- Experience of preparing detailed works contract specifications
- Aptitude for problem solving
- Flexible, motivated and focussed
- Ability to mentor and develop junior staff
- Experience of 3D modelling of underground services
- Membership of recognised professional body in the Engineering sector
- Fluent / highly proficient in spoken and written English.
- Experience of liaising with Clients and stakeholders
- Experience of dealing with Utility & Service providers
- Knowledge of Irish Design Standards – e.g. DMRB, DMURS, National Cycle Manual, etc.
- Chartered Membership of recognised professional body in the engineering sector
- Knowledge of TII & NTA Project Management Guidelines
- Knowledge of traffic modelling software (e.g. Paramics, Vissim, etc.)
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Have your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply to email@example.com
For more company information visit our website www.rod.ie
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunities employer
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015
Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please Name your CV as follows "First Name Last Name CV"
Also please specify the role you are applying for in your application.
ROD is not accepting any unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee in ROD via - ROD email without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of ROD and no fee will be paid in the event of the candidate is hired by ROD.