Location: Waterford initially
Job Type: Permanent
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
This role provides an excellent opportunity for you to work independently, or as part of a multidisciplinary team, on a variety of roads and transportation projects.
You will be based in Waterford for two to three years, after which you will work in either our Sandyford or Northwood office in Dublin.
- A minimum of an appropriate Level 6 higher certificate or three years' relevant experience
- Fluent or highly proficient in spoken and written English
- Flexible, motivated and focused
- Strong technical knowledge and engineering skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Capable of producing quality design outputs
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD, BIM and software interoperability
- Comfortable working in a busy work environment with tight deadlines
- A desire to learn and develop
- Knowledge of Irish design standards e.g. DMRB, DMURS, National Cycle Manual
- Experience of liaising with clients and stakeholders, including service and utility companies
- Knowledge of 3D roads design software e.g. Openroads, MX, Civil 3D
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include the Waterford North Quays Public Infrastructure project, the Enhancing Motorway Operation Services (eMOS) project and the Athy distributor road.
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.