What we do
Roughan & O'Donovan helps clients maximise the service life of assets through the development of cost-effective asset management strategies.
In developing tailored asset management strategies for clients, we draw on our 40 years' experience delivering major infrastructural projects for national and local authorities, contractors and private developers across Ireland.
- Engage with clients to understand their needs and identify sustainable strategies to optimise their assets
- Assist clients in establishing the framework and processes required to optimise the asset
- Use current and evolving international best practices and asset management systems to achieve client goals
- Use probabilistic analytic tools to determine efficient and cost effective maintenance programmes and regimes
- Apply asset data management processes to record works and update asset status
- Partnerships with European experts on the CEDR Interlink project to develop improved asset information management procedures and systems
- Development of asset management frameworks for the annual routine and reactive maintenance activities on a variety of infrastructural assets nationwide
- Procurement of national delineation routine maintenance contracts and the delivery of annual delineation renewal contracts nationwide
- Development and support of the national signs refurbishment framework and associated call-off contract. The service provided included the cleansing of existing asset data to establish a centralised data management structure
- Production and management of a national service orientated ITS equipment maintenance contract that aligned bespoke contractual requirements with our client's aim of maximising availability of electronic roadside equipment
- Undertaking pavement and VRS rehabilitation assessment and designs, including contract documents and site supervision, on behalf of road authorities
- Development of functional and performance requirements for asset management systems to aid management of the asset through comprehensive client and stakeholder engagement
- Acting as consultant to motorway maintenance contractors and PPP operators to assist them in maximising and scheduling works to their asset
- Developing and procuring a new national traffic monitoring system that included ongoing operations and maintenance. The contract facilitated the ongoing analysis of the network performance.