Roughan & O’Donovan-AECOM has been engaged by Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to deliver consultancy services for the enhancing Motorway Operation Services project.
The project aims, through the deployment of variable speed limits and lane control signals, to:
- Enhance journey time reliability on the M50
- Reduce the level of disruption caused by incidents, events and roadworks
Roughan & O'Donovan-AECOM will provide the full suite of expert services required for the deployment of ITS equipment on the M50 motorway, including:
- Installation of advanced motorway indicators on existing and new gantries
- Supporting VMS
- Roadside equipment
A software upgrade of existing advanced traffic management systems and an expanded motorway operations centre are being advanced as parallel work streams within the project.
Services to be provided:
- Engineering consultancy
- Environmental engineering consultancy
- Site supervision
- Contract administration
- Project Supervisor Design Process