Roughan & O’Donovan provided civil engineering and design services for this major urban infrastructure project comprising 1.9km of on line dual widening and 1.6km of new all-purpose carriageway between Jordanstown Road and Troopers Lane in Carrickfergus.
The A2 Shore Road to Greenisland upgrade scheme achieved a CEEQUAL Excellent whole project award in 2017.
- 1.9km of on-line dual carriageway
- 1.6km of new off-line dual carriageway
- 4 new signalised roundabouts
- 1 overbridge
- 2.6km of watermain
- 70+ structures (retaining walls)
- 770 design drawings
- 150+ properties directly affected by the scheme
- 185,000 masonry stones laid
- 24km of BT ducting laid
- 650,000+ man hours of safe working
- Approval of over 40 AIPs for structures
Design elements had to be carefully phased to ensure that traffic flows (35,000 AADT) were maintained throughout the construction period.
- Tender design
- Detailed design
- Construction supervision
- Accommodation works
- Site clearance
- Site compliance
- Site supervision