Roughan & O’Donovan-AECOM has been engaged by Transport Infrastructure Ireland (TII) to deliver consultancy services for the enhancing motorway operation services (eMOS) project.
Roughan & O'Donovan-AECOM will provide the full suite of expert services required for the deployment of Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) equipment on the M50 motorway, including advanced motorway indicators, variable messaging signs (VMS) and roadside equipment.
The programme of work also includes a software upgrade of TII's existing advanced traffic management systems and an expanded TII motorway operations centre on East Wall Road.
- Improve safety by providing early warning to motorists of slow traffic or hazardous roadway conditions ahead
- Reduce congestion and traffic delays by stabilizing and smoothing traffic flows
- Improve travel time reliability by helping traffic move more efficiently
- Reduce crash frequency and severity by reducing the speed of vehicles as they approach an incident, traffic queue or stoppage
Services to be provided:
- Engineering consultancy
- Environmental engineering consultancy
- Site supervision
- Contract administration
- Project Supervisor Design Process (PSDP)