Roughan & O’Donovan undertook the role of employer’s representative on this 7km single carriageway scheme, including the three span extrados River Erne Bridge and a major bridge crossing of a protected bog woodland habitat.
The scheme involved:
- Preliminary and detailed design of both the River Erne Bridge and a 140m long bridge, which cleared the most sensitive parts of Aughnaguig bog
- Providing advice in relation to Advanced Works Contracts
- Making recommendations in relation to Aghnaguig bog
- Preparing design and build contract documentation
- Supporting the tender consultation process through to award of contract
- Performing the role of Employer’s Representative
- Works monitoring
The many bogs along the route, particularly the environmentally sensitive Aughnaguig bog and the habitats contained within it, presented a significant challenge to our team.
To protect their integrity, we agreed a bridge design and construction methodology with the National Parks and Wildlife Service and Coillte.
We prepared detailed method statements for all works in and adjacent to the SAC and undertook hydrogeological monitoring from the preliminary design stage.
- Contract administration
- Environmental engineering consultancy
- Bridge engineering design
- Environmental Impact Assessment