Roughan & O’Donovan is providing Dublin City Council with consultancy services for the procurement of an operations and maintenance contract for the Samuel Beckett Bridge.
With the help of our American partner, Hardesty & Hanover, we identified the most appropriate best practice solution for our client and realised the optimum cost benefit scenario for all routine and reactive O&M activities.
Our responsibilities include:
- Identifying the Operation & Maintenance (O&M) requirements of all components of the bridge
- Preparing a bespoke O&M contract for the operation and maintenance of the bridge
- Identifying, addressing and minimising all risks associated with moving to the new O&M arrangement
- Ensuring a smooth transition from the existing O&M arrangement to the new arrangement
- Appointing a contractor to deliver the requirements of the new O&M contract
The new O&M commercial arrangement had to provide sufficient flexibility to accommodate additional bridges, including the James Joyce Bridge, within the contract at a future date.