Congratulations to Róisín Donnelly, graduate engineer at Roughan & O'Donovan, and Lorcan Connolly, Research Engineer at ROD-IS, on winning the 'Best Presentation Award' at the 8th International Conference on Weigh-In-Motion.
Their paper, 'Application of WIM data for probabilistic assessment' was co-authored by Professor Eugene O'Brien, University College Dublin (UCD), and Professor Alan O'Connor, Trinity College Dublin (TCD).
About the conference
The 8th International Conference on Weigh-In-Motion took place in in Prague, Czech Republic, in May 2019.
The conference addressed a broad range of topics related to on-road and in-vehicle weigh-in-motion technology, including:
- WIM sensors, technologies and testing
- WIM systems, users' perspectives, experience with WIM, WIM for railways and onboard weighing
- WIM standards and specifications
- WIM data quality, management and use
- Application of WIM to enforcement and toll-by-weight
- Applications of WIM to infrastructure
- WIM in ITS, traffic management and monitoring, and for road safety purposes