About our programme
ROD Internship Programme
ROD's internship programme gives you the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging engineering projects in Ireland today.
From landmark bridges to complex road schemes, state-of-the-art buildings to groundbreaking greenways, we offer you a broad choice of projects and teams in which to get involved.
As you move through different challenges on live projects, a student coordinator from within your chosen team will encourage you to push forward and develop your personal and professional skills.
What you will be doing
Your role may involve:
- Researching, compiling and evaluating project data
- Preparing and writing reports
- Performing calculations for infrastructure projects
- Drafting proposals and correspondence
What do you look for in an intern?
We look for interns who:
- Are keen to learn and progress
- Have good interpersonal and analytical skills
- Can multi-task, prioritise and take direction
Where will I be based?
We offer internship opportunities in our Dublin and UK offices:
- Arena House, Arena Road Sandyford, Dublin 18
- Unit 8, Block 1, Northwood Court, Northwood, Santry, Dublin 9
- 82-87 Pegholme, Wharfebank Mills, Ilkley Road, Otley, UK.
How’s the social life?
We’re a friendly group.
We have an active sports and social committee who like to organise wellness weeks, comedy club nights, surfing weekends, step challenges and much more.
You’ll find lots of ways to get involved.
What you need to apply
To apply, you must have:
- Completed at least two years of an undergraduate bachelor’s degree in engineering; or
- Be currently enrolled on an accredited master’s degree programme
When to apply
Applications for our internship programme are accepted throughout the year.
How to apply
- Send your CV and cover letter in one MS Word file to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Save your CV and cover letter as 'First Name Surname CV'. For example, John Smith CV
- Only CVs and cover letters written in English will be accepted