Roughan & O’Donovan supported the development of Applegreen’s all-island network of motorway service areas (MSAs) by bringing each scheme from initial site selection and planning through to design and construction.
Robust design solutions, well-planned construction programmes and rigorous site supervision ensured our successful delivery of Applegreen MSAs in Cullenmore, Co. Wicklow, Birdhill, Co. Tipperary and M2 Outbound, Co. Antrim.
We successfully integrated value engineering into each project by forging strong working relationships with all parties, including Applegreen’s own internal quantity surveyors.
- Site selection advice
- Design team coordination
- Management of planning applications
- Transport impact assessment
- Design of access/exit merge/diverge lanes
- Site layout for traffic circulation
- On-site sustainable water supply and effluent disposal
- Foundations and geotechnics, including slope stability design
- Project Supervisor for the Design Process (PSDP)
Traffic, wastewater and structure were among the key challenges on the M7 Birdhill Junction 27, M11 Wicklow Junction 14 and M2 Templepatrick sites.
- Civil engineering design
- Structural engineering design