Roughan & O’Donovan undertook the design of this upgrade scheme involving the replacement of an existing roundabout with a 4-arm signalised junction and the construction of a new link road.
- Replacement of the 5-leg Brewery Road/Leopardstown Road roundabout with a 4-arm signal-controlled junction
- Development of a new link road that amalgamated the entrances to the Leopardstown Racecourse, South County Business Park and Leopardstown Park Hospital
- Provision of improved facilities for pedestrians and cyclists
- Provision of a landscaped public park
We modelled the impacts of the reconfiguration of the roundabout as a signalised junction and developed the conceptual design to a stage suitable for submission to An Bord Pleanála.
Our micro-simulation model allowed visual presentations to be prepared for concerned residents and business groups.
We worked with WYG on the preparation of an Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and led the defence of the scheme at the oral hearing.
Compulsory Purchase Orders
We worked closely with the council on the preparation of compulsory purchase order documentation and supported the consultation process with affected landowners.
We assisted the council in the detailed design.
Complex temporary traffic management was required to ensure that traffic moved freely through the works and that access to the Leopardstown Racecourse and South County Business Park was maintained.
- Civil engineering design
- Traffic and transport engineering