Job type: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 24 months
Location: Waterford City Centre
About the role
As assistant resident engineer, you will be part of the site-based team responsible for the supervision of the construction of the transport bub, a key design element within the Waterford City Public Infrastructure scheme. You will report directly to the senior resident engineer responsible for the transport hub and associated civil works.
The works will primarily involve:
- a transport interchange hub which includes a railway station, integrated railway infrastructure flood defences and two pedestrian bridges which span the railway line
- a bus/ coach set down area along the Dock Road
The transport hub is connected to an underground parking facility in the North Quays SDZ site, a short-term set-down area, cycle parking facilities and the Waterford to New Ross Greenway.
Your duties will include supervision of:
- piling works for the train station and platforms including flood defence works
- all civil and structural works for the transport hub and associated civil works
- all works and finishes to the train, station, platforms and associated civil works
- A degree in engineering (Level 8 qualification in the National Framework of Qualifications or equivalent)
- At least five years’ postgraduate experience in the design or construction of buildings and associated civil infrastructure, including a minimum of two years on site experience
- Good organisational skills
- Motivated individual with a strong work ethic
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Experience of railway infrastructure and train stations
- Experience in railway approval processes and systems
- Chartered engineer status (C.Eng. MIEI or equivalent)
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep work records, measure and record all variations from contract and reading drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O'Donovan (ROD) is a leading civil, environmental and structural engineering consultancy. An independently owned firm, we employ a multidisciplinary team of more than 200 people, of 20 different nationalities, in our Dublin and UK offices.
Our people are the heart of our business, and we invest heavily in their personal and professional development through all stages of career development. We are an Engineers Ireland CPD Accredited Employer and operate an Institution of Civil Engineers (ICE) training scheme.
Our current projects include:
How to apply
Address your cover letter to Human Resources
Apply by clicking the link: https://bit.ly/42NssZR
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
For compliance purposes, Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising from the recruitment process.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of a candidate(s) being hired.