Location: N5 Westport to Turlough Road scheme
Contract duration: 2 – 2.5 years
About the role
You will be part of the site-based team responsible for supervision of the construction stage of a new national primary road, new national secondary road and all ancillary works. The route consists of approximately 20.3km of Type 2 dual carriageway and approximately 5.2km of single carriageway, including a section of online improvement.
Duties will include supervision of major road construction, including earthworks, construction of reinforced concrete structures, culverts and associated drainage, traffic management, workmanship, materials quality and testing, checking lines, formation, levels and layouts of the works to ensure conformity with the drawings and works requirements.
- At least five years’ experience in the supervision or construction of road projects as a clerk of works
- An extensive knowledge of civil engineering works
- Knowledge of and experience in site supervision of contract works, including earthworks, drainage, bridge construction, road construction and reinstatement and control of roadworks
- Ability to write clear and concise reports, keep works records, measure and record all variations from contract and reading drawings
- Proficiency in IT, particularly in relation to document handling and production of reports
- A thorough knowledge of health and safety legislation and its application in the workplace
- Experience as a former tradesman and/or foreman
About Roughan & O’Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan (ROD) is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. We plan, design and manage major infrastructure projects, both nationally and internationally.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
Our current projects include :
- A6 Dungiven to Drumahoe Dualling scheme
- Waterford North Quays Infrastructure scheme
- Great Yarmouth Third River Crossing in Norfolk, UK
- Rosslare to Waterford Greenway
- Dursey Island Cable Car and Visitor Centre
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.