Location: Based in South Dublin
Job type: Specified purpose contract
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Roughan & O'Donovan Consulting Engineers are seeking to appoint a graphic designer to cover maternity leave. This is an exciting opportunity for professionals with two+ years to provide creative, stylish, accurate and timely primarily print, but also web design services. The successful candidate will play an important role in our business – not only through the quality of output, but also, for example, through the professional image you create of our business, and integration with the project delivery teams. A market-competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
- Establishing project design and functionality requirements in consultation with colleagues and clients
- Participating/editing presentations to clients as required
- Producing creative and accurate print and web-based artwork on time and to client specification
- Design and layout of the company newsletter
- Design, quality control and check of artwork for submissions
- Design and illustration of info-graphics, diagrams, design ingredients for reports, submissions and brochures
- Design and preparation of graphics for public consultation events
- Upkeep of websites using Drupal and Wix
- Proficient in formatting and packaging files for both print and web along with practice at liaising efficiently with printers
- Managing your time across various company groups
- Implementing agreed processes, and quality and data protection controls
- Co-operating with colleagues to contribute to a positive work environment
- Providing support and assistance to colleagues in the performance of their duties as required
- A degree or advanced diploma in visual communications or graphic design
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a commercial graphic design environment
- A high level of proficiency using Adobe creative suite mainly Indesign, illustrator and photoshop.
- A portfolio which reflects your expertise: A PDF under 5 MB or link to your online portfolio
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Roughan & O'Donovan is an equal opportunities employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.