Job type: Permanent
Location: Sandyford, D.18 and Northwood, D.9
Application deadline: 19 April 2021
To apply: Email firstname.lastname@example.org
About the role
You will join a team with more than 20 years’ experience in the delivery of environmental planning services to clients across Ireland and UK, including:
- guiding clients through complex environmental legislation and regulation
- adopting strategies to mitigate and manage planning risk
- supporting the consultation and stakeholder engagement process
You will have the opportunity to integrate sustainable thinking and design in projects - from feasibility right through to construction and operation - across a wide range of sectors, including bridges, highways, roads and buildings.
With experience and expertise across a range of technical disciplines, including environmental science, ecology, hydrology, hydrogeology, and planning, we have successfully delivered over €3 billion worth of projects.
Current projects include:
About Roughan & O'Donovan
Roughan & O’Donovan is one of Ireland’s leading civil, structural and environmental engineering consultancies. Our company has grown rapidly in recent years, and we now employ over 200 people in our Dublin and UK offices. A multidisciplinary consultancy, we are committed to playing our part in creating a low-carbon future for the built environment.
When you join ROD, you will become part of a team recognised for outstanding technical skill and passion for excellence. You will have access to the exceptional training opportunities our award-winning CPD programme provides and enjoy a workplace that supports growth, flexibility and creativity.
- Working with project teams advising the design and options assessment processes
- Liaising with internal and client-facing engineering and design teams, sharing information regarding upcoming regulatory changes, and informing circular design decisions
- Inputting, preparing and reviewing climate change assessments
- Planning and environmental appraisal of proposed developments
- Preparing supporting documentation for feasibility studies and planning applications
- Preparing inputs for and coordination of Environmental Impact Assessments (EIA) and Strategic Environmental Assessments (SEA)
- Relevant BSc/MSc qualification in sustainability, environmental science, sustainable development or climate change
- Knowledge of EIA and SEA processes
- Good knowledge of relevant legislation and policy developments
- Experience in promoting sustainability
- Excellent report writing and interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in a busy environment with tight deadlines
- Knowledge of relevant software, including MS Office, GIS and Adobe Creative Suite
- Fluency/high level of proficiency in spoken and written English
- Self-motivation, flexibility, and attention to detail
- Commitment to high-quality delivery
How to apply
Step 1: Your cover letter
- Address your cover letter to Human Resources
- Specify the position you are applying for and where you first saw it advertised
- Save your cover letter as ‘First name Surname Cover Letter’. For example, John Smith Cover Letter
Step 2: Your CV
- Save your CV as ‘First name Surname CV’. For example, John Smith CV
Step 3: Apply
- Email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The application deadline is 19 April 2021.
Roughan & O’Donovan is an equal opportunity employer.
Roughan & O'Donovan will retain, for at least one year, all records arising through the recruitment process for compliance purposes in line with the Employment Equality Acts, 1998-2015.
Roughan & O'Donovan is not accepting unsolicited CVs from search firms. CVs submitted by search firms without a valid written search agreement, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the sole property of Roughan & O'Donovan, and no fee will be paid in the event of candidate(s) being hired.